Information on this webpage is available in accessible formats.
To schedule a ride
- You MUST call 462-4302 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday at least 48 HOURS prior to when the ride is needed.
- Intake Form as a Word file or as a PDF file.
- Our buses run from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
- One Way Trip: $1.00 Round Trip: $2.00
- Subsidies are available to seniors in need of assistance to cover cost of transportation.
- Subsidy Form as a Word file or as a PDF file
Rider's Guide and Responsibilities
- Rider’s Guide to Door-to-Door Demand Response Transportation as a PDF file.
About the Transportation Program
For over 50 years, Porter County Aging & Community Services has been providing a relatively low cost demand response transportation service for the citizens of Porter County.
These services are open to the public and door to door, meaning clients can be picked up at their homes, dropped off at their desired destination and returned to their homes.
We serve senior citizens and people with disabilities by providing door-to-door transportation. This enables them to have a more productive, independent, healthier and happier lifestyle. They rely on us to get them to life-sustaining dialysis treatments, doctor appointments, trips to the bank, grocery store, work, etc. Without our vans, many local seniors would go without necessary medical treatment. Others would go without groceries and many people with disabilities would not be able to sustain employment. Our transportation services are often the direct link between this population and the ability to be healthy, independent and productive citizens.
Drivers can help the elderly and those with disabilities get on the bus, carry groceries to their door and handle wheel chairs and car seats when needed.